This is one of my favorite Winter recipes to make when I have a little bit of time. It is worth the extra work.
Your family will love this one!
Enjoy and Happy Cooking,
Vonnie (A cook in her kitchen)
- 1 whole Cut Up Fryer Chicken
- 3 whole Carrots, Diced
- 2 stalks Celery, Diced
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Basil
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper (more To Taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Thyme or a couple sprigs of fresh
- 2 teaspoons Parsley Flakes
- 16 ounces Frozen Egg Noodles( I use Reames Brand)
- 3 Tablespoons All-purpose Flour
Cover chicken in 4 quarts water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30-40 minutes.
Remove the chicken from pot and with 2 two forks, remove as much meat from the bones as you can, shredding meat as you go along. Return bones to broth and simmer on low, covered, for 1 hour.
Remove bones from broth, making sure to get all the small bones.
Add the carrots, celery, onions, garlic, herbs and spices to the pot. Stir to combine and simmer for 10 minutes.
Increase heat and add noodles and chicken. Cook for 10 minutes.
Mix flour and a little water. Stir until smooth. Pour into soup, stir to combine, and simmer for another 4-5 minutes, or until broth thickens a bit. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Enjoy!