Time has gotten away from me since my last posting. So many changes (all for the good!) I read this recipe and decided I needed to share it with all my Challengeu2cook friends. Keep checking back. I will catch you all up on what’s been going on.
Enjoy and Happy cooking,
MEDITERRANEAN BEAN SALAD
This Mediterranean Bean Salad is so light and fresh, made with lemon juice, mint and parsley. This can be served as a side dish, perfect for potlucks or to make it a main for lunch serve it over spiralized cucumbers.
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped grape tomatoes
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from 1 medium lemon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, garlic, onion, parsley, and mint.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the olive oil and lemon juice until smooth and emulsified.
- Pour the dressing over the beans and veggies, add ½ teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste and carefully toss with a large metal spoon. Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes so flavors combine.