In keeping with our current weather conditions I thought I would post a recipe for a cocktail that my mother-in-law Mary LOVES. Pat O’Brien’s Hurricane! When we all still lived in Ohio she would make these for special dinner parties or on Sunday’s when all of us would get together. One year while she was visiting New Orleans’ she brought us back a set of Pat O’Brien Hurricane glasses!
Here’s a toast to all those who are in the path of Hurricane Irene. Please be safe and know prayers and blessings are coming your way.
Just a little history lesson behind the Hurricane!
- 2 oz light rum
- 2 oz dark rum
- 2 oz passion fruit juice
- 1 oz orange juice
- juice of a half a lime
- 1 Tbsp simple syrup
- 1 Tbsp grenadine
- orange slice and cherry for garnish
- Squeeze juice from half a lime into shaker over ice.
- Pour the remaining ingredients into the cocktail shaker.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a hurricane glass.
- Garnish with a cherry and an orange slice.