This is a recipe that was given to me by my dear friend Debbie and fan of Challenge. She is a food-aholic just like me! We are always emailing one another with recipes we have tried, created or read! I’m not sure which this recipe falls into, but if I had to guess she created it! I love how simple everything comes together, even her salad recipe at the end. When I opened the email I knew it was perfect for Meatless Monday. You can always add some leftover grilled chicken or a little ham for your meat lovers.
Here’s Debbie’s email:
Hi cooking buddy. I had to share this delicious recipe with you so you can in turn pass to all your Challengeu2cook fans!
Hope you love as much as we all did. I made 2 batches. One meat-free and one with grilled chicken. I LOVED both! Hope you do too!
PS…Tell me if you like the salad. I fell in love with it and the dressing is so good We need to start bottling our dressings!
- 1 (16-ounce) package vacuum-packed gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach, torn
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- leftover grilled chicken, sliced or cubed ham
- 1. Cook gnocchi according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- 2. Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts to pan; cook 3 minutes or until butter and nuts are lightly browned, stirring constantly. Add garlic to pan; cook 1 minute. Add gnocchi and spinach to pan; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts, stirring constantly. Stir in salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.